[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Introductions » Welcome/Introductions » Siyo, Hello
Siyo, Hello
BardouDate: Monday, 2011-04-04, 10:46 PM | Message # 1
No coven affiliation
Group: Moderator
Awards: 0
Hello, I am Bardou. I am the temporary priest for Natural Magick on Spells of Magic site. I am a Cherokee/Choctaw Native, a traditionalist. I am a member of anitsisqua, the bird clan. I live in the capital of the Cherokee Nation, Tahlequah. I have been practicing for around 8 years now. I am a drummer, story teller, and a healer. I was born a wounded healer, a shaman. I feel that this is my purpose in life.

I have always been involved in my tribal culture in many ways. My mother teaches Native American education to young children with tribal membership. When I was young she was regularly staff at pow wows and brought me along to many of the tribal trips that were made. I have been involved with activities that the Cherokee Nation has put on since I was able. I spent two weeks traveling through Cherokee homeland through a leadership program that Cherokee Nation hosted. I went for two years, once as a student and again as an intern. I am very lucky to have been able to attend and connect with my tribal homeland. I stayed on the Qualla boundary Cherokee reservation in North Carolina for a few days during these trips. We were introduced to elders and participated in ceremonies that are traditional to the tribe. We also learned language and traditional stories.

I graduated from a private Native American only school in Tahlequah, Sequoyah High school. It was another time in my life that I will not forget. The tribal run school was an amazing place to learn even more. My path into shamanism started 8 years ago. I had always been interested in my tribes beliefs and as soon as I had the means to explore it, I was hooked. I talked to elders, read books written by Cherokee authors and even learned shamanic tradition and methods from medicine men with a few Cherokee peers who were traveling the path as well. Shamanism is my life, it isn't just a practice. Thank you for having me.

Forum » Introductions » Welcome/Introductions » Siyo, Hello
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: